The Oscars is the biggest night of the year in film. It also happens to be one of the biggest nights in fashion.
Several celebrities took to the red carpet in shimmering gold and silver gowns. The metallic trend was first spotted with ABC’s red carpet host Robin Roberts who was decked out in gold. Celebs like Dakota Johnson, Jessica Biel, Emma Stone, and Octavia Spencer followed suit.
Here are the many metallic looks of the night:
More from INSIDER:
- ‘The Walking Dead’ has found its groove and is finally good again
- New ‘Beauty and the Beast’ trailer teases the iconic ‘Be Our Guest’ number
- This Oscar-nominated director’s dress made a huge statement against Trump’s immigration ban
- Here’s why everyone is talking about Meryl Streep’s Oscar dress
- The cutest Oscar moment so far is Jeremy Renner secretly high-fiving his daughter
Get the latest Gold price here.
Red carpet Host Robin Roberts kicked it off with a dress that looks strikingly similar to the Oscar award itself.
Teresa Palmer wore silver too, though her sleeveless dress didn't sport quite as many sparkles as some.
Director Ava DuVernay -- whose movie '13th' is nominated for best documentary -- rocked the red carpet in a voluptuous silver-blue dress.
Emma Stone, who was nominated for 'La La Land,' rocked a gold Givenchy Haute Couture gown reminiscent of the 1920's.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.