- Japanese retailer Plywood is selling giant, oversized backpacks for $US234.
- The backpacks were designed by the Japanese brand CWF.
- The retailer’s website says that the bags can be used for camping or as an everyday style staple.
- The “sand beige” version of the backpack is currently sold out, but the “olive drag” and “black” options are still available to purchase at the time of this post.
The mini-backpack trend might be over, but oversized backpacks are here to stay – at least according to one brand, that is.
Japanese retailer Plywood is currently selling oversized backpacks designed by CWF. The bags retail for $US234 and are sold in three colours: “sand beige,” “olive drag,” and “black.”
According to CWF, the backpacks can be used in a variety of ways
On the Plywood website, CWF advises customers to use the bags while camping, as they’re “indispensable for outdoors, carrying heavy gears and bringing in a large number of ingredients to the camp site.”
If you’re more interested in using one of the giant backpacks inside, CWF says that the bags are “ideal for storage of clothes” and “can be used instead of [a] closet.”
The website says they can “actually be carried as a backpack” and are meant to work just as well as their smaller counterparts.
The straps were designed with comfort in mind
According to the Plywood website, “the shoulder strap is designed to reduce the stress on the shoulder, making it easy to move and transport.”
Rather than using two average shoulder straps, the CWF backpack uses a third middle strap for optimal support.
The oversized design appears to be popular
While the backpack is still available to purchase in the “olive drag” and “black” colour options, the “sandal beige” style of the bag is sold out. You can find the remaining CWF backpacks on Plywood’s website.
Representatives for Plywood did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- 14 packable duffels and backpacks you can fold down to fit almost anywhere
- This $US140 expandable backpack was an indispensable travel companion on my last trip – it had pockets for all of my tech and then some
- This $US200 backpack from an up-and-coming athleisure startup is the only one anyone needs – here’s why
- The best backpack coolers you can buy
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.