Columbia PicturesAnother ‘Ghostbusters’ movie is coming next summer, and it’s not yet clear who will star.
- A day after announcing a new “Ghostbusters” movie was coming, a surprise teaser trailer for the sequel is here, and it’s completely ignoring the last movie that was released.
- According to Entertainment Weekly, “Ghostbusters 3” will not have any connection to the all-female 2016 “Ghostbusters” film. Instead, the movie will be a sequel to 1989’s “Ghostbusters 2” and will be cowritten and directed by Jason Reitman (“Up in the Air”). Reitman’s father, Ivan Reitman, who directed the original “Ghostbusters” movies, has been secretly working on the project.
- It’s unclear whether Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, or Bill Murray will reprise their roles. Harold Ramis, who starred in the original films, died in 2014.
- The 51-second teaser doesn’t show much. It doesn’t even show any of the cast, but it does tease the return of the original Ecto-1 vehicle the gang drove around.
- “Ghostbusters 3” is coming to theatres summer 2020. Watch the teaser trailer below.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.