Getty Images EuropeChancellor George Osborne.
LONDON — Former chancellor George Osborne announced on Wednesday afternoon that he would be standing down as an MP, according to the Evening Standard.
This is a developing story…
More from Business Insider UK:
- POLITICAL BETTING: Who is favourite to win the 2017 UK general election?
- North Korea’s musical show ends with a mock-up video showing missiles blowing up America
- Morgan Stanley beats, big quarter for bond trading (MS)
- Facebook’s big bet on augmented reality could be a 3D TV-style blunder (FB)
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will reportedly include a dual camera that’s ‘much better’ than the iPhone 7+
NOW WATCH: Trump’s approval rating plunged to 35% in just 69 days — here’s how that compares to other presidents
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.