Photo: The White House
Higher gas prices are eating into Barack Obama’s already anemic approval ratings according to a new Washington Post/ABC poll.Here are some nuggets that will depress Obama and economic bulls:
- 6 in 10 respondents have been doing less driving.
- Of the 39% who say gas prices are hurting them, only 33% approve of Obama.
- 46% of respondents strongly disapprove of Obama’s economic performance. Just 23% strongly approve.
- The disapproval rating jumped 5% since the poll was last taken, last month.
- 47% strongly disapprove of Obama’s handling of the deficit.
- 49% disapprove of the situation in Libya. Just 44% approve.
This is all broadly in line with the poll taken by the NYT and released this past weekend. There has clearly been a jump in economic anxiety in April, something that hasn’t been captured by any April data yet.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.