Economist Gary Shilling has had a long storied career. In earlier segments, he told Business Insider about the challenges of starting an economics department, which he did, and what it’s like to get fired twice, which happened to him.
So, how can someone maintain such a long career with so many challenges and such demanding hours?
In this segment, Shilling explains. He also tells us what he’d be doing if he wasn’t an economist.
Produced by Kamelia Angelova & Robert Libetti
- EXCLUSIVE: Gary Shilling Invited Us Into His Amazing Bee Farm
- Gary Shilling Says He’s Not Smart Enough To Have An Opinion On Gold Prices
- GARY SHILLING: Everyone Raving About The US Manufacturing Renaissance Is Overlooking One Key Detail
- GARY SHILLING: 2 Things Make Copper A More Reliable Economic Indicator Than Oil
- Gary Shilling Explains How Warm Weather And A Friendly Gesture Helped Get Him Into Economics
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.