Good morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:
Not only is Gap going back to television ads — its last TV campaign aired Christmas 2009 — but the “Back to Blue” marketing push is also taking over the internet. Namely Tumblr. It will do a complete ad takeover on August 29, and it is the first brand ever to do so. The content will be user created submissions of what “blue” means to them.
Kraft Foods Groupis coming out with some strange ads for a new product line of nine “meal starters.” The campaign has a $US30 million budget, stars celebrity chefs as children, and uses the catch phrase “Get your chef together.” (Is this kind of like the “Ship My Pants” Kmart pun?)
Twitter and Viacom are partnering up to sell ads to VMA sponsors.
Daniel Diez joined R/GA as the newly created global chief marketing officer position. He was previously at Interbrand.
The Dachis Group is trying to solve real-time marketing for brands.
Pizza Hut made a big customer service mistake on Facebook.
Pereira & O’Dell is taking over as Fox Sports 1’s creative ad agency. Before, things were done in-house.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- Watch Oprah Rave About Young, ‘Single’ Ad Tech CEO Before He Was Arrested For Allegedly Hitting His Girlfriend 117 Times In 30 Minutes
- Jenny Craig Is Getting Rid Of Celebrity Spokespeople — And It’s All Because Of Jennifer Hudson
- Robert Downey Jr. Is Starring In The Bizarre, Billion Dollar HTC One Campaign
- Take A Look At Sears’ Little-Known Online Sex Toy Store
- ‘We Try Harder’ Was The Most Brilliant Ad Slogan Of The 20th Century
- Jack In The Box Is Rolling Out Really Creepy Commercials Starring Giant Chickens And Sexting
- These Ad Agency Interns Are Having A Better Monday Than You Are
- AD OF THE DAY: Jell-O Gave A Child A Horrible Comb Over To Launch Its Rebranding Campaign
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.