- While doing an interview for her upcoming film, “Dark Phoenix,” Sophie Turner was blown away when she learned that the poster for the first season of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” contained a major spoiler for the ending of the series.
- The poster shows doomed Ned Stark sitting on the Iron Throne – with a raven perched next to him.
- Turner’s “Dark Phoenix” costar Jessica Chastain pointed out the connection between the raven in the poster and the ending of the show, in which Bran Stark, the Three-Eyed Raven, becomes king.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Sophie Turner had no idea that a major clue to the ending of “Game of Thrones” was hidden in the poster for the HBO show’s first season.
While doing an interview with the UK newspaper Metro for her upcoming film, “Dark Phoenix,” Turner was asked if there was any foreshadowing for her “Thrones” character Sansa Stark’s story that viewers might have missed throughout the series.
“I don’t know,” Turner answered, adding, “I haven’t really looked back far enough.”
Turner mentioned that Sansa expressed a desire to be queen on the show’s first episode, but she wasn’t prepared for the major foreshadowing her “Dark Phoenix” costar Jessica Chastain pointed out.
“And do you know the poster for the first season – do you know what’s on it?” Chastain asked Turner.
When Turner said no, Chastain explained that the poster featured Ned Stark sitting on the Iron Throne with a raven perched next to him. Bran Stark, who was ultimately crowned king of Westeros, is also known as the Three-Eyed Raven.
Even though Turner herself has been accused of spoiling part of the show’s ending with a “Game of Thrones”-inspired tattoo, she apparently hadn’t considered the poster before Chastain pointed it out – and seemed astounded to learn that it revealed the show’s ending way back in 2011.
Presumably since people in the interview room still hadn’t watched the series finale, which aired on May 19, Turner quickly tempered her astonishment, jokingly whispering to Chastain and the interviewer, “We can’t talk about this.”
- Read more:
- How the ‘Game of Thrones’ stars said goodbye to the show with heartfelt and hilarious behind-the-scenes photos
- The new ‘Game of Thrones’ documentary shows the exact moment when Kit Harington realised what Jon Snow does to Daenerys on the finale
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fans are recasting the show with all black actors, and their suggestions are spot-on
- Kit Harington cried as he gave a speech on his last ‘Game of Thrones’ filming day: ‘I feel like my heart is breaking’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.