- HBO just revealed that a documentary crew was on set for the production of the eighth and final “Game of Thrones” season.
- A two-hour long documentary titled “Game of Thrones: The Last Watch” will air on HBO one week after the series finale, on Sunday, May 26.
- The project’s director Jeanie Finlay was given “unprecedented access” to “the trenches of production.”
The eighth and final season of “Game of Thrones” is coming, and with it, fans will get a look behind-the-scenes of HBO’s biggest TV show in history. Exactly one week after the series finale on May 19, HBO will premiere a two-hour long documentary called “Game of Thrones: The Last Watch.”
Directed by Jeanie Finlay, the documentary “[chronicles] the creation of the show’s most ambitious and complicated season.”
HBO’s press release for the documentary promises a dramatic narrative fans will enjoy:
Made with unprecedented access, “Game of Thrones: The Last Watch” is an up-close and personal report from the trenches of production, following the crew and the cast as they contend with extreme weather, punishing deadlines and an ever-excited fandom hungry for spoilers.
Much more than a “making of” documentary, this is a funny, heartbreaking story, told with wit and intimacy, about the bittersweet pleasures of what it means to create a world – and then have to say goodbye to it.
The final season of “Game of Thrones” is six episodes long, and begins on Sunday, April 14. The last episode will air on May 19, which means “Game of Thrones: The Last Watch” premieres May 26.
- Read more:
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW: 31 actors who were killed off ‘Game of Thrones’
- Emilia Clarke reveals she underwent brain surgery twice during ‘Game of Thrones’
- Every detail you might have missed in the new ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 trailer
- See 20 new posters from the final ‘Game of Thrones’ season which tease stunning new costumes
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.