- Warning: There are spoilers ahead for the finale of “Game of Thrones.”
- Lord Robin Arryn made an unexpected appearance on the HBO series’ finale as part of a council of Westeros leaders deciding the new ruler of the Six Kingdoms.
- Arryn was last seen on season six of the show.
- Fans were not expecting to see him all grown up and couldn’t stop talking about the character’s glow-up.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
The series finale of “Game of Thrones” on Sunday ended with a few twists and surprises, but one that fans can’t stop talking about is the unexpected return of Robin Arryn.
Fans last saw the Stark cousin on season six of the HBO drama, when Littlefinger pledged that the Vale would help Sansa against House Bolton. Back then, he was practicing archery with little success.
Appearing all grown up on the finale, the Lord of the Eyrie and the Warden of the East at least looks like he can wield a sword and a bow now.
Fans couldn’t stop talking about Arryn’s glow-up, with some calling it one of the best reveals of the finale.
— C.I.Markham (@MarkhamCM) May 20, 2019
— jess.???? (@gerwigbitch) May 20, 2019
— Bettina Cecilia (@bcdgonzalez) May 20, 2019
— Nick Romano (@NickARomano) May 20, 2019
Lino Facioli, the actor who played Lord Arryn, also grew up on the show alongside Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner. He appeared on the first season when Catelyn Stark brought Tyrion to the Eyrie.
On the series finale, Arryn was one of many unexpected faces who joined together for a great Westeros council to choose the new ruler of the Six Kingdoms.
No one may have been more surprised at all the attention Lord Arryn received on the finale than the actor himself.
— Lino Facioli (@Lino_Facioli) May 20, 2019
“Definitely didn’t expect my morning to start off like this,” Facioli said in a tweet sharing a story that referred to his character as “Hot Robin Arryn.”
Us either, Facioli. Us either.
- Read more:
- The ‘Game of Thrones’ cast bids farewell to the show in an emotional goodbye video
- Here’s every ‘Game of Thrones’ character on the Westeros council, the ones responsible for that game-changing decision on the series finale
- There’s more than one way to view Jon Snow’s final moment on ‘Game of Thrones’
- 21 details you might have missed on the final episode of “Game of Thrones”
- How Daenerys Targaryen’s season 2 vision accidentally laid the groundwork for the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale twist
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.