- “Game of Thrones” star Lena Headey spoke about her final day of filming on the HBO show.
- She told Jimmy Kimmel that she tried to sneak off the set before getting emotional.
- She said she was trapped by cast and crew and was given a goodbye speech.
“Game of Thrones” star Lena Headey got emotional when she finished shooting her final scene in the series.
Headey, who plays Cersei Lannister on the HBO show,” described her final day during an appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”
“I knew that David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss], our creators, were doing speeches and giving everybody these drawings of the storyboards, and I suddenly got really emotional at the end and tried to head down the stairs,” she said. “They all rushed up and trapped me. And then they gave the speech, and it was really moving.”
“I ended on the perfect scene,” she said “I was alone – shocker. Arya’s always bloody alone. But I was alone and I had watched a lot of other people wrap. I knew the drill, I had seen the tears and heard the speeches.”
“I won’t say their name or their character’s name, but one of the young people on the show wrapped this past season and everybody was a wreck,” he said. “This person had grown up on the show, you know? They were a child and now they were an adult. And then they’re done. It’s like we were witnessing this person saying goodbye to their childhood.”
Some of the show’s stars, including Williams and Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark), started filming the show when they were barely teens.
As for his own last day as Tyrion Lannister, Dinklage said: “A lot of people whom I love were on set that day. Even if they weren’t working, they came to set, which was beautiful.”
“Game of Thrones” returns to HBO on Sunday, April 14.
Watch Headey on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” below.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more about “Game of Thrones”:
- Sophie Turner says the ‘Game of Thrones’ cast makes fun of Kit Harington for his obsession with his hair
- ‘Game of Thrones’ has been hinting at Jon Snow’s true parentage since season one – here’s every clue we spotted
- The final season of ‘Game of Thrones’ has an exact premiere date at last – watch the new teaser here
- Sophie Turner says some of her friends already know the ending of ‘Game of Thrones’ and she can’t be trusted with secrets
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.