- Kit Harington is spending time at mental health retreat, his publicist confirmed to INSIDER.
- “Kit has decided to utilise this break in his schedule as an opportunity to spend some time at a wellness retreat to work on some personal issues,” the publicist explained.
- The actor is best known for his starring role as Jon Snow in the HBO epic “Game of Thrones,” which ended earlier this month to mixed reviews.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
“Game of Thrones” star Kit Harington is spending time at mental health retreat, INSIDER confirmed.
“Kit has decided to utilise this break in his schedule as an opportunity to spend some time at a wellness retreat to work on some personal issues,” his representative told INSIDER via a statement.
The actor is best known for his starring role as Jon Snow in the HBO epic “Game of Thrones,” which ended earlier this month to mixed reviews.
His stay at the wellness retreat was first reported by Page Six. Sources told the publication that the ending of the show “really hit him hard.”
Harington has previously said that the show and its ending have taken an emotional toll.
“The final day of shooting, I felt fine . . . I felt fine . . . I felt fine. . . Then I went to do my last shots and started hyperventilating a bit,” he told Esquire in story published in April. “Then they called, ‘Wrap!’ And I just f—ing broke down. It was this onslaught of relief and grief about not being able to do this again.”
He also told GQ Australia that the final season – six nearly feature-length episodes – “seemed designed to break us.”
“Everyone was broken at the end,” he told the publication in a piece published in January. “I don’t know if we were crying because we were sad it was ending or if we were crying because it was so fucking tiring. We were sleep deprived. It was like it was designed to make you think, Right, I’m fucking sick of this. I remember everyone walking around towards the end going, ‘I’ve had enough now. I love this, it’s been the best thing in my life, I’ll miss it one day – but I’m done.'”
Harington, like other cast members, has previously been open about difficult times in his life and the event that prompted him to seek out therapy: when Jon Snow was killed and the resurrected and the show’s focus shifted to him as a main character
“That was a time when I started therapy, and started talking to people,” he told Variety. “I had felt very unsafe, and I wasn’t talking to anyone. I had to feel very grateful for what I have, but I felt incredibly concerned about whether I could even f—ing act.”
- Read more:
- How that devastating ‘Game of Thrones’ finale death was an imperfect fulfillment of the show’s biggest prophecy
- 31 unanswered questions the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale left fans to ponder
- 6 symbolic details you might have missed in Sansa’s coronation gown on the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
- Here’s everything Brienne wrote inside the Kingsguard book during the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.