- Isaac Hempstead Wright reminisced about the first episode of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” during a Wednesday appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”
- On the series premiere, Hempstead Wright’s character, Bran Stark, was pushed out a window after witnessing Jaime and Cersei Lannister, who are twins, having sex.
- “I was pretty much told what was going on,” Hempstead Wright, who was 10 years old at the time, told Kimmel.
- “But it just sort of meant that my mum had to give me the sex talk a little earlier,” he said. “And with some sort of topics that probably aren’t covered by general sex talks.”
During a Wednesday appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” Isaac Hempstead Wright reminisced about being cast as Bran Stark on HBO’s “Game of Thrones” when he was just 10 years old.
Of his character’s infamous scene at the end of the series premiere, when Bran was pushed out a window after witnessing Jaime and Cersei Lannister, who are twins, having sex, Hempstead Wright said, “I was pretty much told what was going on.
“But it just sort of meant that my mum had to give me the sex talk a little earlier,” he continued. “And with some sort of topics that probably aren’t covered by general sex talks.”
The premiere of the eighth and final season, which aired Sunday after much anticipation, featured a stare-down between Jaime and Bran in the courtyard of Winterfell.
The two characters haven’t seen each other since their fateful encounter on the first episode, when Jaime tried to kill Bran, leaving him in a coma and paralysed from the waist down.
Fans went wild over Bran’s first sight of Jaime, joking about his intense stare and making memes about the coming confrontation.
— bethany (@bethyyw) April 15, 2019
Who is just leaving Bran parked in these spots for people to conveniently see him
— Frazier Tharpe (@The_SummerMan) April 15, 2019
bran has no time for formalities with daenerys but will wait up all night outside in the freezing cold just to give jaime a look……….. dramatic bitch
— Louise (@cthulhou) April 15, 2019
The soundtrack Game of Thrones didn’t know it needed. pic.twitter.com/cjNDn8WqXl
— Z ???? (@zihnne) April 15, 2019
But funnily enough, Hempstead Wright said the reason he got so good at Bran’s “intense stare” was that he couldn’t see on set without his glasses.
Watch the actor’s interview with Kimmel:
- Read more:
- The 6 most talked-about moments from the ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 premiere
- Maisie Williams says she had to wear a strap across her chest and a ‘chubby belly’ to ‘reverse puberty’ on ‘Game of Thrones’
- The ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 premiere ended with a shocking reunion that has been building since the series’ very first episode
- The preview for next week’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ teases trouble for Jaime Lannister
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.