- On Sunday, some Amazon Prime users in Germany were able to watch the unreleased second episode of Game of Thrones season 8.
- This is the second time a Game of Thrones episode has leaked. The season 8 premiere leaked last week thanks to DirecTV.
- Fans are conflicted over the leak.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
Some “Game of Thrones” fans accidentally gained early access to the second episode of season 8 after an Amazon Prime video leak occurred in Germany.
In the subreddit r/freefolk, some Reddit users reported being able to watch the second episode even though it hasn’t yet aired on its home network HBO. People in Germany who subscribed to Amazon Prime video and bought season 8 were able to access the unreleased episode by watching the premiere of season 8 through to the credits. Following the credits, episode 1 immediately transitioned into the un-aired second episode without warning.
Some fans were excited to get first access to the new episode and others asked where they could watch the leaked content themselves.
— sweet one (@Odia__) April 13, 2019
Trying to restrain myself from watching Game of Thrones episode 2 leak
— gregortdm (@gregortdm) April 21, 2019
so who’s got an Amazon prime video account in Germany ????
— EᗰIᒪIᗩ ᑕᒪᗩᖇKE | ???????????????????????????????? (@purple_dwagon) April 21, 2019
But others were disappointed by the spoilers.
— Rahul Jadhav (@iRahulJadhav) April 21, 2019
One Reddit user even suggested a method for people itching to watch the leaked episode whether they live in Germany or not.
This isn’t the first time a Game of Thrones episode has leaked ahead of its airtime. The premiere of season 8, which is also the final season of Game of Thrones, leaked last week. The leak occurred when DirecTV Now released episode 1 four hours ahead of its actual release time of Sunday at 9 PM Eastern Standard Time.
“Apparently our system was as excited as we are for Game of Thrones tonight and gave a few DirecTV Now customers early access to the episode by mistake,” a representative for AT&T previously told INSIDER. “When we became aware of the error, we immediately fixed it and we look forward to tuning in this evening.”
The episode 2 leak and loophole have been removed from Amazon Prime.
“We regret that for a short time Amazon customers in Germany were able to access episode 2 of season 8 of Game of Thrones. This was an error and has been rectified,” a representative from Amazon told INSIDER.
- Read more:
- How to mute keywords and phrases on Twitter (and avoid spoilers)
- THEN AND NOW: How the ‘Game of Thrones’ characters have changed since the first season
- We had ‘Game of Thrones’ fans vote for the best and worst characters in the series’ history, and House Lannister reigns supreme
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.