- Warning: Spoilers for HBO’s “Game of Thrones” season eight, episode one. “Winterfell.”
- During the season eight premiere of the HBO show, Arya and Gendry finally reunited.
- They were last together during season three.
- The two flirted over metal as Arya requested a new weapon.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
Arya Stark got a little flirty during Sunday’s premiere of “Game of Thrones” on HBO.
Shortly after the arrival of Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, and her army, Arya walks into the smithy to find Gendry forging weapons out of dragonglass and being messed with by the Hound. She steps in and tells him to leave Gendry alone.
Once the two were alone, they bantered like they used to and couldn’t stop smiling.
Fans were thrilled by their flirtatious reunion.
— ???????????????????????????????? (@akshansh_m) April 15, 2019
Gendry and Arya first met on season one when Arya pretended to be a boy named Arry. The two formed a friendship over three seasons as they travelled north. But on the third season, the red priestess Melisandre took Gendry away for his royal blood, as he was the bastard son of Robert Baratheon.
After being separated, Arya spots Gendry for the first time when she’s watching the army processional as it arrives in Winterfell. Upon seeing her old friend, she gives a shy little smile and stares at his horse as it passes by.
She later visits him the smithy to ask him to make her a weapon. Upon first interacting, Gendry stumbles over his words.
“That’s a nice axe you made [the Hound],” Arya says. “You’ve gotten better.”
“Gee, thanks, so have you,” Gendry says. “I mean, you look good.”
“Thanks, so do you,” Arya says.
Gendry later calls her Lady Stark before she tells him not to call her that.
“As you wish, my lady,” Gendry says, causing Arya to laugh and smile.
Some fans made comparisons to “The Princess Bride” with Gendry’s response.
Gendry to Arya: pic.twitter.com/sqJfoSzXEO
— Andrea Lynn (@tamatersweet) April 15, 2019
ALSO CAN WE TALK ABOUT WHAT SEEMED TO BE A "PRINCESS BRIDE" REFERENCE WITH GENDRY AND ARYA, "AS YOU WISH M'LADY" ????????
— reba (@rebeckyjay) April 15, 2019
With Arya’s request for a new weapon, the two are sure to have more awkward and adorable interactions.
And as some fans pointed out, Robert Baratheon did once predict joining houses with the Starks, telling Ned Stark, “We’ll join our houses. I have a son, you have a daughter.”
— Emi (@EmiEleode) April 15, 2019
Sansa and Joffrey’s marriage technically didn’t since Joffrey was the son of Cersei and Jaime Lannister.
“Game of Thrones” airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET on HBO.
- Read more:
- ‘Game of Thrones’ has been hinting at Jon Snow’s true parentage since season one – here’s every clue we spotted
- The preview for next week’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ teases trouble for Jaime Lannister
- Jon Snow wasn’t thrilled about a stunning revelation on ‘Game of Thrones’ and fans were having a field day
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.