- The animal photographer Gerrard Gethings is back again with another matching game after the success of “Do You Look Like Your Dog?”
- This time, it focuses on cats and owners who look hilariously alike – unsurprisingly, most of the cats are unamused.
- “My subjects are complex and characterful creatures, full of pathos, humour, and unpredictability. I want them to appear epic,” Gethings said.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Gethings shared 10 pairs from the game with Insider, from cute kittens to cats with intimidating side eye, and everything in between.
Keep scrolling to see these uncanny matches from “Do You Look Like Your Cat?”
Gerrard Gethings, who created a matching game about owners who look like their dogs is back — but this time with cats.
Gethings began photographing pets and animals in 2008 after he brought home his very own puppy, named Baxter.
All of the felines and humans featured in the series are basically twins.
“For me, a domestic pet is no less beautiful or majestic than a wild animal,” Gethings previously told Insider.
Like these two. We don’t see a difference.
Even their mustaches are identical.
In this case, a hoodie doubles for Daphne the cat’s luscious fur coat.
Both also have an intense stare.
Both Matthew and Hubert, seen here, have excellent side eye.
We wouldn’t want to be on the other side of either withering stare.
We can’t tell who’s cooler — Tobias or Hero.
Tobias’ sunglasses are a good representation of Hero’s striking yellow eyes.
Both Gunther and Albert have their wink game on point.
Though these photos might be silly, Gethings take them seriously.
“I don’t want to create images of animals that are patronising,” Gethings said. “My subjects are complex and characterful creatures, full of pathos, humour, and unpredictability. I want them to appear epic.”
Gethings has turned the photographs into a memory game, “Do You Look Like Your Cat?”
You can check out his Instagram page here.
The game will come with 25 pairs of kitties and humans for a total of 50 cards that players have to match.
“Do You Look Like Your Cat?” is now available to purchase.
- Read more:
- A photographer captured photos of 15 pairs of dogs and their owners that look hilariously alike
- 15 hilarious photos of cats taken at the perfect time
- 35 of the funniest photos of animals that were taken at the perfect time
- Veterinarians share 11 things every cat owner should do
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.