- Plug Power, a leader in fuel-cell solutions, was tanking on Thursday after it gave bleak 2018 forward guidance.
- Plug’s stock is down 7.32% at $US1.84 following the announcement.
- The company said that it was anticipating a slate of “disappointments,” including expedited costs, shortfalls due to service, and hydrogen costs, Bloomberg reported.
- The company said its quarterly earnings for the fourth-quarter would come in at approximately $US30 million, less than analyst’s expectations of $US34.6 million.
- It expects 2018 revenue to be in the range of $US155 million to $US180 million, below Wall Street estimates of $US214.6 million.
- Its first-quarter 2018 guidance was $US22 million to $US24 million in revenue, short of the $US38.4 million that analysts expected.
- Plug is slated to report earnings on March 8.
- Shares are down 23.65% for the year.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.