- In honour of the 25th anniversary of “Friends,” a coffee chain is transforming two of its locations into nearly-identical replicas of Central Perk, the iconic coffee shop from the show.
- Fans can lounge on the café’s famous orange sofa while sipping on one of six exclusive specialty drinks named after each of the show’s main characters.
- The cafés are also rolling out limited-edition Central Perk mugs and to-go cups with collectable sleeves featuring legendary quotes from the beloved series.
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf versions of Central Perk are located in Los Angeles and are open now through August 23.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
“Friends” fanatics spent the ’90s wishing they could hang out with Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, and Joey at Central Perk.
And even though the gang isn’t getting back together for a reunion anytime soon, fans can now hang out at their favourite spot for a limited time.
In honour of the 25th anniversary of “Friends,” coffee chain The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is transforming two of its Los Angeles locations into nearly-identical replicas of Central Perk, the iconic coffee shop the gang frequented throughout the show’s 10 seasons.
Fans can lounge on the café’s famous orange sofa while sipping on one of six exclusive specialty drinks, including The Rachel Matcha Latte, The Joey Mango Cold Brew Tea, The Chandler Caramel Coconut Latte, The Ross Classic Flat White, The Monica Midnight Mocha Cold Brew, and The Phoebe Cookies and Cream Ice Blended.
No matter your drink of choice, you can channel some “Friends” energy with a limited-edition Central Perk mug or a to-go cup complete with a collectable sleeve featuring famous quotes from the iconic TV series.
The mugs also put a coffee-centric spin on some quotable moments from the show, including changing Joey’s iconic greeting “How you doin’?” into “How you brewin’?”
The Instagram-worthy installations are open now through August 23 at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf stores at 1312 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, California, and 8793 Beverly Blvd in West Hollywood, California.
- Read more:
- A man says he planned to travel to Hawaii with his ex-girlfriend because he paid for most of their trip, but a therapist thinks he should just eat the cost
- Scott Disick made his kids a $US100,000 playhouse that is nicer than your apartment
- We tried Oscar Mayer’s ‘Ice Dog Sandwich,’ which packs hot dog and mustard ice cream between two cookie buns
- A hotel booking website will give you a free $US15,000 honeymoon – if you mention its name in your wedding vows
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.