- Five KFC locations in Indonesia have added chicken skin to their menus.
- Online customer response to the chicken skin has been overwhelming positive, according to The Sun.
- It’s unclear whether the company has plans to roll out chicken skins at locations in other countries, but INSIDER has reached out to KFC to find out more.
- For now, you can purchase an order of chicken skin for 13,636 Indonesian Rupiah ($0.96 USD).
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
KFC has introduced crispy fried chicken skin to its menu. The only catch is that you’ll have to travel to Indonesia to give the skin a try.
Five KFC locations in the country have added chicken skin to their menus, which already feature other unique items such as tater tots, pancakes, and spaghetti, which aren’t available at locations in the US.
KFC Indonesia’s official Twitter account announced the new menu addition in a post on May 11.
BARU! KFC Chicken Skin sudah tersedia untuk kamu nikmati di beberapa gerai! Kerenyahan kulit ayam KFC kamu pasti udah tau dong kayak gimana? Yuk, beli sekarang!
— KFC Jagonya Ayam! (@KFCINDONESIA) May 11, 2019
According to The Sun, online customer response to the chicken skins has been overwhelming positive. The publication also reported that the chicken skin has been so popular that they have sold out at multiple locations.
“It’s really crisp and crunchy! I’ll definitely order again as a snack,” one reviewer wrote on Instagram, according to The Sun.
A representative for KFC told INSIDER the company currently doesn’t plan to bring fried chicken skin to the US, but said that “the company’s global food innovation teams look at both external trends and blockbuster products from other markets” to determine its menu items in global locations.
“It could show up elsewhere in the future,” the representative added.
For now, you can purchase an order of chicken skins for 13,636 Indonesian Rupiah ($0.96 USD) at KFC’s locations in Salemba, Cideng, Kemang, Kalimalang, and Kelana Gading – that is, if they are not sold out.
This is far from the first time KFC has experimented with its menu items. For a limited time, the fried chicken chain introduced chicken and waffles to its menus at US locations back in 2018. And at the beginning of this year, KFC rolled out a Cheetos sandwich that featured the crunchy snacks and cheese sauce atop fried chicken.
- Read more:
- Carnival Cruise Line now lets guests order beer and pizza anywhere they are on the ship so they don’t have to move
- Chocolate maker Godiva is opening up cafés selling desserts all over the US – take a look inside the very first one
- McDonald’s just opened a tiny restaurant for bees – here’s what it’s like inside
- A new Drumstick ice cream-inspired cereal basically lets you eat dessert for breakfast
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.