HedgeFundLIVE.com – Morning Notes
– Mixed performance in global markets
– Shanghai saw notable weakness, closing down 1% after Credit Agricole cut its growth forecast and increased its inflation forecast
– Nikkei closed down as well, 40bps, though the index was able to bounce off their lows
– Note that after the Asian market close, Fitch revised its outlook on Japan to negative from stable
– European bourses are showing strength, particularly the Financials
– There were a several upgrades on major European banks (by SocGen and Citi) this morning, hence the strength in the bank names
– Also, EU banks may side step part of the more stringent Basel III capital requirements under drafting legislation implementing new rules, according to the FT
CLICK HERE for full article.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.