- The Cleveland Indians and Minnesota Twins are playing a two-game series in Puerto Rico, the first regular-season MLB games on the island in eight years.
- Two-time All-Star Francisco Lindor was born in Puerto Rico and hit a home run in the fifth inning.
- The crowd erupted as Lindor was rounding the bases.
- Twins pitcher Jose Berrios predicted the crowd reaction before the game, saying: “Fans are going to go crazy. Everyone is going to cry and be so happy. It’s going to be so much fun.”
- Lindor called playing in Puerto Rico “a dream come true,” and added that the game would be a moment he will “never forget.”
An awesome moment for Francisco Lindor as he homers in Puerto Rico. pic.twitter.com/NRdCMuDWJC
— CBS Sports (@CBSSports) April 18, 2018
video via CBS Sports.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.