Photo: Alex Davies
U.S. News & World Report has released its annual list of Best Cars for the Money Awards, and Ford is all over it.The awards name a car in 21 categories, including compact cars, hybrid cars, upscale small cars, and SUVs.
The winners are chosen based on automotive press reviews, reliability and safety data, and the average price of the car and cost of ownership.
Six of the winners are Ford vehicles; five are Toyotas (including the Scion and Lexus models).
Ford had an especially strong 2012 (culminating in smashed Q4 revenue expectations), so it’s no surprise that it’s all over this list.
Here are the U.S. News & World Report winners:
- Subcompact Car: Honda Fit
- Compact Car: Ford Focus
- Upscale Small Car: Buick Verano
- Hatchback: Honda Fit
- Midsize Car: Ford Fusion
- Upscale Midsize Car: Buick Regal
- Large Car: Ford Taurus
- Hybrid Car: Ford Fusion Hybrid
- Sports Car: Scion FR-S
- Wagon: Subaru Outback
- Compact SUV: Ford Escape
- Luxury Compact SUV: BMW X1
- Midsize SUV with Two Rows: Ford Edge
- Midsize SUV with Three Rows: Hyundai Santa Fe
- Large SUV: Chevrolet Tahoe
- Hybrid SUV: Lexus RX Hybrid
- Minivan: Mazda Mazda5
- Compact Pickup Truck: Toyota Tacoma
- Full Size Pickup Truck: Toyota Tundra
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.