- Cheslie Kryst was crowned Miss USA 2019 on Thursday, May 2.
- The 28-year-old lawyer recently spoke to INSIDER, and gave some insight into her daily diet.
- The pageant winner said she typically stuck to eating the same foods everyday while preparing for the Miss USApageant.
- She especially loves avocado toast, grilled chicken, and vegetables, and avoids any food that’s processed.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
On May 2, Cheslie Kryst was crowned Miss USA 2019 at the Grand Sierra Resort’s Grand Theatre in Reno, Nevada. The 28-year-old lawyer competed against 50 other women, and took part in the show’s four segments: swimsuit, evening gown, final question, and final word.
But before she received her crown, Kryst spent weeks preparing for the competition. Among tireless practice sessions and strict workout routines, Miss USA 2019 also followed a healthy diet to keep her body and mind fit ahead of the pageant.
INSIDER recently spoke with Kryst to learn more about the eating habits she followed leading up to the Miss USA competition.
Consistency is key to Cheslie Kryst’s breakfast and lunch
Speaking to INSIDER, Kryst said she ate “almost the exact same thing everyday” leading up to the pageant.
“For breakfast every morning, I’d usually eat toast with egg and avocado,” Kryst told INSIDER. “I’m obsessed with avocado, even though it has a lot of fat in it. I love it, and it’s good, healthy fat.”
She also kept her lunch meals consistent, and typically ate “a salad with chicken.”
Of course, eating such a specific diet proved to be challenging at times, especially when she “had to do appearances and be on the road.” But overall, “consistency” proved to be the key to her success.
Kryst’s daily dinners featured a bit more variety
While her go-to evening meal was typically grilled chicken with vegetables, the Miss USA winner also enjoyed dishes with rice.
“There was variety in vegetables,” Kryst said. “I do like asparagus and brussel sprouts, and that kind of helped [add variety]. I could go to the grocery store and not really have to think, and just get the same things everyday.”
Snacks also play a role in Kryst’s diet, so long as they’re healthy
According to Miss USA 2019, the key to her snacking process is eating “fresh food,” while avoiding anything that’s “really processed.”
“I would just pepper in some snacks every now and then – oranges, apples, bananas,” Kryst said.
To learn more about Cheslie Kryst, visit the Miss USA website.
- Read more:
- How US soccer star Julie Ertz incorporates chocolate-chip pancakes into her super-strict diet
- 13 protein-rich snacks and meal swaps that will boost your diet to the next level
- 14 of the biggest myths about nutrition and dieting, debunked
- 14 foods you can eat as much of as you want and not gain weight
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.