- A man led police on a chase through a Florida golf course on Sunday, dash cam footage shows.
- Eventually, suspect Jesse Charles Webb, 29, crashed the car and tried to flee on foot, according to an incident report WESH obtained.
- The Georgia resident, who had warrants out for his arrest, was charged with fleeing and eluding police, motor vehicle theft, and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon.
Dash cam footage WESH 2 obtained shows a man leading cops on a bumpy chase on onto a Florida golf course.
The incident happened Sunday morning in the Country Club Hills community in Lady Lake, Florida.
According to WFTV, a worker at the community called 911 just before 9:30 a.m., when the suspect, 29-year-old Jesse Charles Webb, allegedly stole a supervisor’s vehicle.
The worker said Webb had come up to the gatehouse and complained that “people were eating his brains out,” WESH reported.
A supervisor responded to the scene in a 2018 Ford Escape, which Webb proceeded to steal while it was left running, authorities told Fox 35 Orlando.
Police were then dispatched to the scene, where they said Webb led them on a chase through the community, driving on and off the course as golf carts swerved out of the way.
At one point, Webb reportedly came close to a party that was golfing at the 16th Hole, according to footage obtained by WESH.
One of the golfers, Patricia O’Hara, told WESH: “We were really scared. It was a frightening experience. He was so close, he ran over my golf towel as we were getting out of the way.”
Eventually, Webb crashed the car and fled on foot, but two cops chased him down and took him into custody, according to an incident report obtained by WESH.
Cops later learned that there were two warrants out for Webb’s arrest in Georgia, WESH reported.
Webb complained of calf pain so he was taken to the hospital, according to Villages-News.com.
According to Lake County Jail records, Webb was charged with fleeing and eluding police with wanton disregard, motor vehicle theft, criminal mischief, aggravated assault, driving with a revoked licence, and possession of ammunition by a convicted felon.
Officers told WFTV that the last charge was because Webb had a round of rifle ammunition and a shotgun shell with him during the chase.
- Read more:
- An Ohio State University student and the suspect in her disappearance are dead after a car chase in Kentucky that ended with gunfire
- Police say a video shows the moment a woman mowed down and killed a manicurist who chased her when she skipped out on paying her $US35 bill
- A woman says she she drove herself to the hospital after getting shot in the face with a crossbow while protecting her family from a thief
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.