- An optical illusion depicting what appears to be a floating sandwich is going viral on Twitter.
- The photographer explained to Buzzfeed how she created the illusion – with string and the magic of photo editing.
- Now, people are praising her talent and using the photo as a screensaver on their phones.
Domonique Hassell, a photography student, is currently going viral on Twitter for an optical illusion showing what appears to be a floating sandwich.
Sadly, Hassell didn’t do any actual witchcraft with her sandwich – she just cleverly used string, her editing skills, and some creativity. You can check out more of her magical photos on Instagram, as well.
Here’s the photo, and the behind-the-scenes set up.
Might have gotten too excited about this project and whipped it out hours after class ended ????♂️???????? pic.twitter.com/6mnNjWXkPg
— dommi (@scorpio_mvmi) March 5, 2019
Hassell told Buzzfeed she was assigned by a photography professor to “Photoshop a food image in some way” with one of three options for how to do it. She went home to try it out immediately.
“We could have done any food we liked,” she told Buzzfeed. “I decided on the sandwich because I thought it would be challenging and it has many layers for me to play around with.”
Having set up the layers, taken pictures of it and the background, and taken to Photoshop, this floating sandwich was her end result.
And people are amazed by her work. Some are even using the photo as their lock screen.
— Ehi Enabs (@ehienabs) March 5, 2019
— Lily (@lilykatefreddy) March 5, 2019
Did Hassell’s photo have you momentarily believing in magic?
- Read more:
- This optical illusion will break your brain – but only for 15 milliseconds
- There’s an animal hiding in this optical illusion, but you have to shake your head to see it
- If you see 2 dots chasing each other in this optical illusion, it’s evidence of a quirk in human nature
- This dog’s ear looks exactly like its face – and it’s a mind-boggling optical illusion
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.