Flags were flying at half-mast at the Houses of Parliament following a terror attack on Wednesday in which four people were killed.
Other countries around the world showed their solidarity with the UK. In Paris, the lights on the Eiffel Tower went out as a mark of respect. In Israel, the Union Jack was projected on the municipality building.
A candlelight vigil is scheduled in Trafalgar Square in London on Thursday afternoon to mourn the victims of the attack.
Produced by Claudia Romeo
More from Business Insider UK:
- Westminster terror attack suspect was born in Britain and had history of violent extremism
- Some London startups say Brexit is already hurting their businesses
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, AAPL, VZ, T)
- ‘We are not afraid’: Theresa May delivers her parliament speech less than 24 hours after the London attack
- PC Keith Palmer’s death sparks questions over whether all parliamentary police should be armed
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.