Growth in smartphone and social media usage is setting the basis for all types of retail marketing trends. In a new report from BI Intelligence, we’ll look at individual trends within mobile and social media.
Some of the trends analysed in the report, include:
- US consumers are spending the majority of their time in shopping apps rather than mobile shopping websites, according to comScore. In response, Apple recently launched a new category in its App Store called “Shopping,” which makes it easier for users to find retailers’ apps. Creating a dedicated section for retail apps is a huge benefit for brands that are looking to boost mobile app engagement, as searching the App Store is the No. 1 way users discover new apps.
- Many beacon programs went mainstream during the holidays this year. The rise of mobile shopping apps has served as a proxy for proximity-based marketing systems such as beacons. Usage of shopping apps on tablets and smartphones increased 174% in 2014 — more than any other app category, according to app analytics company Flurry. Merchant adoption during such a critical time of the year for retail shows just how useful the devices are proving themselves to be.
The full report also looks at:
- Mobile commerce growth
- The types of brands and retailers benefiting from beacon usage
- How Facebook is driving social commerce actions
- The resurgence of affiliate marketing
Interested in getting the full report? Here are two ways to access it:
- Subscribe to an All-Access pass to BI Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and over 100 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you’ll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
PS. Did you know…
Our BI Intelligence INSIDER Newsletters are currently read by thousands of business professionals first thing every morning. Fortune 1000 companies, startups, digital agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates rely on these newsletters to keep atop the key trends shaping their digital landscape — whether it is mobile, digital media, e-commerce, payments, or the Internet of Things.
Our subscribers consider the INSIDER Newsletters a “daily must-read industry snapshot” and “the edge needed to succeed personally and professionally” — just to pick a few highlights from our recent customer survey.
With our full money-back guarantee, we make it easy to find out for yourself how valuable the daily insights are for your business and career. Click this link to learn all about the INSIDER Newsletters today.
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.