So apparerntly it’s TARP repayement day. In addition to JP Morgan Chase, seven other firms have made TARP repayments today.
- Morgan Stanley repaid $10 billion
- Goldman Sachs also repaid $10 billion
- BB&T repaid $3.1 billion
- US Bancorp repaid $6.6 billion
- Bank of New York Mellon $3 billion
- Capital One repaid $3.57 billion
- American Express repaid $3.39 billion.
All of that money goes into the general Treasury fund, which means it can be used to reduce the budget deficit or be spent by politicians on their pet programs.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.