The fired directors of 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' reveal the credit they will be taking on the movie

Getty(L-R) Chris Miller and Phil Lord.
  • Directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord said they will be taking executive producer credits on “Solo: A Star Wars Story.”
  • The duo were originally the directors on the project but were fired during production over creative differences with Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy.
  • Ron Howard, who took over from Miller and Lord, will have the sole director credit.

The fired directors of “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” Phil Lord and Chris Miller, have finally revealed the credit they will be taking on the movie.

While speaking at the third annual GLAS Animation Festival on Friday, Lord and Miller indicated they will take executive producer credits and not be sharing a director credit with their replacement Ron Howard, according to Variety.

Howard final Real Ron Howard Twitter/@RealRonHowardRon Howard took over for Miller and Lord; he will be taking the sole director credit on ‘Solo.’

“We were really proud of the many contributions we made to that film,” Miller told the audience, according to the trade. “In light of the creative differences, we elected to take an executive producer credit.”

Howard took over the Han Solo origin story from Lord and Miller in June of last year after Lucasfilm president, Kathleen Kennedy, fired the duo over creative differences. Since then it’s been a mystery how Lord and Miller would be credited, though it became more and more unlikely the two would be listed as directors as it was reported Howard reshot 80% of the movie once he took over.

However, Howard told Entertainment Weekly “Phil and Chris’ fingerprints are all over the movie.”

“Solo: A Star Wars Story,” opens in theatres May 25.

NOW WATCH: Briefing videos

Business Insider Emails & Alerts

Site highlights each day to your inbox.

Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.