Photo: Flickr, Jackie Gagarin Curry
Shares of FedEx are up over 2% after the logistics company and economic bellwether reported strong Q4 earnings.Real quick now, here are the key details:
- Revenue of $10.55 billion was up 12% from last year, exceeding estimates of $10.42 billion.
- EPS of $1.75 was ahead of estimates of $1.72.
- Fiscal year 2012 earnings are anticipated at $6.35 – $6.85 nicely encircles current consensus of $6.50. That outlook presumes current elevated fuel prices and “moderate” economic growth.
- Lead by Asia, international delivery volume grew 6% in the quarter. Thanks to fuel surcharges and exchange rates, international revenue grew 8%.
- FedEx Ground revenue grew 15% thanks to 6% volume growth and 7%-per-package revenue growth.
For more on today’s top stories, see here.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.