The government has released its 10-year national infrastructure plan in the federal budget.
Earlier this week, details leaked of a whopping $24 billion additional funding amid plans to spend $75 billion on infrastructure over the next decade.
The projects are aimed at reducing congestion, improving safety and creating jobs.
Here’s a look at a map of the projects around Australia.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the major projects underway:
$9.3 billion Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail
Up to $5.3 billion Western Sydney Airport
$1.5 billion of funding and a $2 billion concessional loan for the WestConnex project in Sydney
$2.9 billion Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan
$500 million M80 Ring Road
$500 million Monash Freeway Upgrade
$6.7 billion Bruce Highway
$1.3 billion METRONET, including $490 million for the Forrestfield Airport Link
$1.6 billion Adelaide North-South Corridor
$400 million Midland Highway
$67 million for Capital Metro under the Asset Recycling Initiative
$192 million for the Northern Australia Roads Program
MORE FROM OUR FEDERAL BUDGET 2018 COVERAGE:
- FEDERAL BUDGET 2018: What you need to know
- What the income tax cuts mean for pay packets
- The government is banking on optimistic wage growth forecasts to achieve its budget goals
- WARREN HOGAN: The numbers are solid, avoiding temptation of a pre-election splurge
- How the budget is going to tackle Australia’s $50 billion black economy
- Where the revenue comes from and how taxpayer money is spent
- MAP: The government’s 10-year national infrastructure plan
- The key economic forecasts in the 2018 federal budget
- Here’s the full federal budget speech by Scott Morrison MP
- Restoring coral and fighting crown of thorns starfish at the Great Barrier Reef
- Australians are finally getting Consumer Data Rights
- Australia has a $225 million plan to make GPS more accurate
- Standard and Poor’s still has a negative outlook on Australia’s AAA credit rating
- INFOGRAPHIC: The major initiatives in the 2018-19 federal budget
- Here are some of the key tech and science projects getting funding in the federal budget
- The government is spending $294 million on increased airport security
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.