- From fast-casual pizza brands to chicken chains, a new crop of restaurant chains are ready to take over America.
- Chains including MOD Pizza,Shake Shack, and Raising Cane’s are leading the pack in sales growth over the last year.
- Read on to see the 10 fastest-growing chains in America, according to Nation’s Restaurant News data.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A new crop of restaurant chains is ready to take over America.
Nation’s Restaurant News recently released its annual Top 200 list, breaking down the biggest names in the business.
From fast-casual pizza brands to chicken chains, the trade publication is keeping tabs on some up-and-coming brands that are growing fast. Chains such as MOD Pizza and Shake Shack are opening dozens of locations while also boosting same-store sales.
Here are the 10 fastest-growing chains in the US by systemwide sales:
10. Blaze Pizza
Per cent growth: 17.06%
9. Jersey Mike’s Subs
Per cent growth: 17.82%
8. Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Per cent growth: 20.25%
7. True Food Kitchen
Per cent growth: 22.17%
6. Raising Cane’s
Per cent growth: 22.46%
5. The Habit Burger Grill
Per cent growth: 22.86%
4. Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Per cent growth: 27.08%
3. Shake Shack
Per cent growth: 27.31%
2. First Watch
Per cent growth: 33.04%
1. MOD Pizza
Per cent growth: 44.70%
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.