Facebook has produced a map showing which Major League Baseball teams are the most popular in every county across the United States, as well as Canada as a whole, and some interesting patterns emerge.
Here is the map:
Some interesting notes:
- It stinks to be the second team in a small area. The New York Mets and Oakland A’s are the only teams not represented. The Chicago White Sox do have a small slice of the area south of Chicago. The Toronto Blue Jays are only represented in Canada.
- The New York Yankees are the most popular team in a county in 24 different states and tend to be the go-to team in most areas that would be considered a void between other teams.
- California is more pro-San Francisco Giants, who dominate in central and northern California, than the Los Angeles Dodgers, who have most of southern Cali.
- The Giants dominate most of Hawaii while Alaska is split between the Yankees, Boston Red Sox, and Seattle Mariners.
- Last year’s World Series teams, the San Francisco Giants and Kansas City Royals, had the biggest growth in number of counties from 2014 to 2015.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.