Photo: Okko Pyykko / Flickr, CC
Good morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:Facebook ads are going to get even more personal. The social network joined forces with data bigwigs including Acxiom, Datalogix, and Epsilon to target ads at Facebook users based on what they’ve bought in stores recently. How? According to Ad Age, “The targeting will function through anonymized matching of loyalty-program members and Facebook users through email addresses and phone numbers, according to sources with knowledge of the product.”
PayPal launched a smartphone credit card reader in the UK that it hopes will rival Square.
Fandango partnered with Telemundo to create a site that targets Hispanic, which about one quarter of all movie tickets in the United States. The site will be called Fandango Cine.
Check out Ad Age’s “2013 Digital A-List.”
Chobani picked Boathouse, an independent Boston agency, to be its new shop without even a review. The yogurt company used to work with Leo Burnett, but its contract expired at the end of 2012.
Ad Age also looks at what advertisers “really think” about Facebook Unsurprisingly, more marketers are using the site than there were when Ad Age polled advertisers about Facebook in a joint CITI survey last June.
Will Hammond, formerly a global CD at TBWA/Chiat/Day LA, is now an ECD at DDB West.
MDC Partners made more than $1 billion in revenue in 2012.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- Apple Unleashed This New iPad Commercial During The Oscars
- The New York Times’ Live Video Of The Oscars Is A HUGE Embarrassment
- Samsung Used The Oscars To Launch ‘Unicorn Apocalypse’ Ads — Starring Tim Burton
- Here’s The ‘Lost’ Rolls Royce Chase From The Classic Grey Poupon Ad
- Here’s Jennifer Aniston’s Aveeno Oscars Ad
- JC Penney’s Big Oscar Message: ‘Dear America, You Deserve To Look Better’
- Diet Coke Oscar Ad Takes Credit For The Entire Movie Business
- This Dunder Mifflin Ad Was Banned In Scranton For The Oscars
- 11 Embarrassing Ads Starring Oscar Winners
- The Best Commercial Spokescharacters Of All Time
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.