- These shoes can expand five sizes.
- They were created by Kenton Lee with the help of charity Because International.
- Over 175,000 pairs have been given out to children in need.
- The commercial version of the shoe is now available to pre-order.
- For each pair bought, one will be given out.
Kenton Lee has created a shoe that expands for children in developing countries.
The shoe is designed to last five years and can be altered as the child’s feet grow.
With the help of the charity Because International Kenton successfully handed out over 175,000 pairs of shoes across 100 countries.
A commercial version of the expandable shoes are now available to pre-order on Kickstarter. For each pair ordered a pair of shoes will be donated to a child in a developing country.Produced by Amanda Villa-Lobos.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.