- INSIDER Data and Google News Labs found the most-searched frozen foods by state, using searches from 2004 through 2018.
- Turns out, most Americans are divided between three frozen foods: pizza, vegetables, and spinach.
- However, some states favour more unique frozen foods, like strawberry margaritas and pierogies.
Frozen food is convenient, cheap, and can be cooked with minimal strife. Contrary to popular belief, it can even be pretty healthy.
The INSIDER Data team worked with Google News Labs to determine what kinds of frozen foods were being searched in every state in the US. Based on Google searches from each state from 2004 to 2018, Americans were mainly hungry for frozen pizza, frozen vegetables, and frozen spinach. Some states, however, dared to be different by searching for frozen margaritas, pierogies, and even fruit salad.
Check out what your state is craving in the map below:
Though frozen pizza reigns supreme in places like Florida, South Dakota, and Texas, frozen hash browns were on Montana’s mind.
Idaho was the only state to search for frozen raspberries, while Tennessee and West Virginia had a hankering for fruit salad. And Maine and New Hampshire were thirsty for frozen margaritas, which definitely expedite mixing time – and maximise drinking time.
- Read more:
- The most popular houseplant in every state
- The most popular pie in every state
- How the divorce rate has changed over the last 150 years
- The most popular home-cooked meal in every state
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.