The EU’s antitrust boss, Margarethe Vestager, has said she will follow Google’s rumoured new adblocking feature “closely”.
She tweeted the comment in response to queries from journalists.
“We will follow this new feature and it’s effects closely,” she wrote.
This is a developing story…
More from Business Insider UK:
- French billionaire Xavier Niel invested in UK carer startup Cera
- Apple said it will stop using material from mines in its iPhones — but it can’t do it yet (AAPL)
- Microsoft is planning to shut down its popular to-do list app Wunderlist (MSFT)
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today
- Gina Miller is raising hundreds of thousands to support MPs opposed to a hard Brexit
Get the latest Google stock price here.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.