Fox News on Friday parted ways with host Eric Bolling and canceled the show he co-anchored amid allegations that he sent lewd, unsolicited messages to network employees.
In a brief statement provided to Business Insider, Fox News confirmed the cancelation of “The Fox News Specialists,” which was first reported by the Huffington Post on Friday.
“We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck,” a network spokesperson said.
Bolling was suspended from Fox News last month amid allegations that he sent unsolicited photos of male genitalia to several employees at Fox News and Fox Business Network, where he was featured before joining Fox News.
The former anchor has denied the allegations, and sued reporter Yashar Ali for defamation over the story.
Friday’s decision may preclude a larger lineup shakeup that some at the network have speculated about since Bolling’s suspension last month.
CNN’s Brian Stelter reported in August that conservative pundit Laura Ingraham was in serious discussions t0 join Fox News’ primetime lineup.
Two sources familiar with the situation told Business Insider last month that the lineup was still in question but many suspected “The Five” would move back to its old 5 p.m. slot, making way for Ingraham to occupy the 9 p.m. slot, where “The Five” moved earlier this year. Ingraham’s show could also air at 10 p.m., moving host Sean Hannity into the 9 p.m. slot.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.