- Entrepreneurship doesn’t come with a rule book.
- These guides will help first-time founders launch a startup, raise capital, and dominate the market.
- They include tips from successful founders like Liz Wessel of WayUp, and seasoned VCs like Patrick McGinnis of Dirigo Advisors.
- Business Insider regularly interviews entrepreneurship experts about the different stages of building a company.You can read them all by subscribing to BI Prime.
Below is a list of guides to help first-time founders through every stage of building a startup, featuring advice from successful founders and investors.
- Deciding to become an entrepreneur: The ultimate guide to figuring out how (and if) you should start your own company
- Crafting your startup’s story: The first-time founder’s ultimate guide to building a winning pitch deck
- Persuading VCs to back you: The first-time founder’s ultimate guide to pitching a VC
- Nailing the investor meeting: Top VCs reveal what they want to hear in a startup pitch – and what you should avoid saying
- Proving the integrity of your pitch: The VC’s ultimate guide to sniffing out risky healthcare startups – and not getting tricked into backing them
- Closing the deal: The first-time founder’s ultimate guide to navigating a term sheet and avoiding common pitfalls, according to founders, lawyers, and investors
- Winning over new hires with equity: The first-time founder’s ultimate guide to understanding stock options
- Transitioning to leadership: The ultimate guide to becoming a better boss in 30 days
- Making difficult staffing decisions: The startup founder’s guide to letting people go efficiently and compassionately
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.