- Video from 2015 and 2016 showing Morgan Freeman commenting on the bodies of reporters has been republished.
- “Entertainment Tonight” found the clips after CNNpublished accusations by eight women who said Freeman had harassed them or otherwise behaved inappropriately.
- One of the “ET” clips shows Freeman asking the reporter Ashley Crossan whether she would “fool around with older guys.”
- In a second, Freeman strikes up a conversation about the correspondent Janet Mock’s legs and gestures to them.
- After the CNN story broke, Freeman issued an apology to “anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected.”
Old video footage of Morgan Freeman making suspect comments to reporters has been republished after he was accused of sexual harassment.
“Entertainment Tonight” published footage of Freeman asking one correspondent whether she would “fool around with older guys” and commenting intently on a different interviewer’s legs.
Here is a video showing the two encounters, which begin at about the 1-minute, 10-second mark.
CNN on Thursday issued a report in which eight women came forward to accuse Freeman of inappropriate behaviour, including sexual harassment. Freeman apologised in a statement, saying: “Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy. I apologise to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected – that was never my intent.”
The first “ET” clip features a 2016 interview between the “Entertainment Tonight” reporter Ashley Crossan and Freeman to promote “London Has Fallen.”
Here is their exchange:
Freeman: My goodness, are you married?
Freeman: Fool around with older guys?
[Crossan laughs nervously]
Freeman: I’m just askin’.
As the interview draws to an end they shake hands and Crossan tells him it was a pleasure, to which he says, “Mine. Look at yourself,” and watches her from behind as she walks off.
The second clip shows a 2015 encounter in which the author and activist Janet Mock speaks with Freeman ahead of the film “5 Flights Up.” In the exchange, Morgan points to her dress and comments about how it looks on her legs.
Freeman: I don’t know how you all manage to do that all the time.
Mock, gesturing to her make-up: All of this?
Freeman: No. You got a dress that’s halfway between your knee and your… hips, and you sit down right across from me and you cross your legs …
[Mock laughs the comment off]
Mock gave a statement to “ET” about the encounter before they republished the video.
It said: “I was deeply disappointed that someone who was seen as America’s grandfather was susceptible to such disturbing behaviour and felt comfortable enough to do that as cameras were rolling, and that he could take claim of my body and look at it before even looking into my eyes.”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.