- Elton John and Taron Egerton performed a duet of John’s beloved song, “Rocketman,” at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival on Thursday.
- John and Egerton took the stage after the world premiere of John’s biopic “Rocketman,” in which Egerton portrays the iconic singer.
- “This has been a very emotional night for me,” John told the crowd, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “Even if the movie doesn’t make one penny at the box office … it is the movie I wanted to make.”
- The film’s premiere at Cannes earned a four-minute standing ovation, according to THR.
- The video of their performance isn’t available online, but a couple attendees filmed snippets and posted them online.
- Watch them below.
Here’s Elton John and Taron Egerton dueting on “Rocketman” in Cannes pic.twitter.com/IHpPP6f0aO
— Kyle Buchanan (@kylebuchanan) May 16, 2019
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.