Have you ever seen a picture of a farting unicorn? Have you ever seen a picture of a farting unicorn, drawn by Elon Musk? Behold:
On Wednesday night, the Tesla and SpaceX cofounder took to Twitter to share an unusual image: A flatulent mythical beast, surrounded by smiley faces, a rainbow, and a car appearing to vacuum up the unicorn’s gaseous emissions.
It wasn’t just a stroke of inspiration that Musk felt compelled to share with the world.
Instead, the famous entrepreneur used the image to show off a new hidden feature in Tesla’s cars: Sketch pad.
The feature is exactly what the name suggests — a sketchpad app that lives on the electric cars’ touchscreens. It comes with the latest software update, V8.1, and it’s accessed by pressing the “T” three times, Musk said.
Musk didn’t come up with the farting unicorn himself, however. It’s borrowed from a mug he owns and shared photos of in February. (It sells online for $US28.)
It is, he says, “maybe my favourite mug ever.”
The rear of the mug reads: “Electric cars are good for the environment because electricity comes from magic!” The magic of unicorn farts, apparently.
More from Business Insider UK:
- David Haye is another boxer ready to take on one of UFC’s most feared knockout specialists
- HSBC partners with Tradeshift as banks increasingly see fintech as friends not foe
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, AMZN, LULU, JPM)
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 voice assistant Bixby won’t recognise British accents when the phones launch in the UK
- Phone scammers are tricking people with claims of an iCloud hack (AAPL)
If you just downloaded V8.1, tap the the T on center screen three times
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 29, 2017
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.