- “Killing Eve” star Jodie Comer appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on Monday.
- In the BBC spy thriller, Comer plays a Villanelle – a formidable Russian assassin who’s able to seamlessly switch between accents, languages, and characters in order to lure her prey.
- In real life, though, Comer hails from Liverpool in northern England and speaks with the region’s very distinct accent.
- DeGeneres started the interview by mistakenly saying that Comer had affected an American accent in another BBC drama, “Doctor Foster.” But she hadn’t.
- “No, she was British,” Comer corrected the host before joking: “Didn’t do a good job there.”
- When wrapping up the interview, DeGeneres says: “I loved you in ‘Doctor Foster’ even though I forgot which country you came from.”
- “Killing Eve” airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on AMC and BBC America.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.