- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren officially suspended her campaign for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday. With that, her dog, Bailey, is officially done being a very good boy.
- A video posted to Twitter shows Bailey swiping a burrito out of someone’s hand, followed by several people frantically trying to get the golden retriever to let go of the burrito.
- There are several possibilities for the motivation behind Bailey’s sneaky operation. One Twitter user suggested he could really be the wronged party here. Another suggested Bailey could just be a (furry) chaos agent.
- Of course, the most likely possibility is that Bailey is just following in his mum’s footsteps. After all, as one Twitter user wrote, “well-behaved dogs seldom make history.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren suspended her campaign for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday.
And with that, it seems her dog, Bailey, is officially done being a very good boy.
Bailey was a fixture on Warren’s campaign as the progressive firebrand criss-crossed the country over the last year to make a case for bold, structural change and anticorruption reforms.
As Warren took the stage at jam-packed rallies and spoke to voters at local establishments, Bailey was frequently at her side to greet supporters, take selfies with them, and brighten their day with his cheerful, upbeat demeanour.
Even on Thursday, as Warren prepared to announce she was dropping out of the presidential race, Bailey was spotted observing all the action from a window in Warren’s home.
Now that the Massachusetts senator is officially out of the running, Bailey is also letting loose.
A video posted to Twitter by Gabrielle Farrell, the Warren campaign’s travelling press secretary, shows Bailey swiping a burrito out of someone’s hand, followed by several people frantically trying to get the golden retriever to let go of the burrito.
Nevertheless, he persisted.
Bailey legit just swiped someone’s burrito. pic.twitter.com/MWr6ZeiJa2
— Gabrielle Farrell ???? (her/s) (@FarrellGabriell) March 5, 2020
It’s unclear if Bailey was ultimately successful in stealing the burrito, or who he took it from, since that person’s face isn’t visible in the clip.
But there are several possibilities behind Bailey’s motivation.
BAILEY IS INNOCENT
THAT BURRITO HAD BAILEYS NAME ON IT https://t.co/s4iDNpzgMu
— darth™ (@darth) March 5, 2020
As one Twitter user suggested, he could be the wronged party here.
When the fam no longer has to behave for the sake of the campaign https://t.co/nPkjYg1vlm
— David S. Bernstein (@dbernstein) March 5, 2020
Bailey’s been working really hard and deserves, nay, is owed, a break.
"Peace was never an option." -Bailey Warren. https://t.co/DFsPHzg75b
— R. Eric Thomas (@oureric) March 5, 2020
Bailey the (furry) chaos agent.
Well-behaved dogs seldom make history. https://t.co/HOxJCbvfZ0
— Dartunorro D. Clark (@DartDClark) March 5, 2020
Of course, the most likely possibility is that Bailey is just following in his mum’s footsteps to secure his place in the annals of history.
After all, as this Twitter user observed, “Well-behaved dogs seldom make history.”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.