The INSIDER Summary:
- Actress Elisabeth Moss brought her mother to the Emmys.
- The two are quite close.
- Moss was nominated for lead actress in a drama series and won. It was her first Emmy win after seven nominations.
- In her speech, she thanked her mum who she referred to as a ‘f—ing bad—.”
- Afterwards, the two celebrated backstage like best friends.
While many actors and actresses brought their significant others and children to the 69th annual Primetime Emmys, actress Elisabeth Moss went a different route.
“The Handmaid’s Tale” actress brought along her mother and pal Linda Moss as her guest and she was probably happy to have joined. The actress ended up winning one of the biggest awards of the night for outstanding lead actress in a drama series.
It was her first Emmy win after seven nominations.
Not only did Linda Moss get to see her daughter accept her first Emmy, but she also received quite the shout-out during Elisabeth’s award speech.
After thanking Hulu and MGM, author Margaret Wood, and the show’s cast and crew for supporting and bringing “The Handmaid’s Tale” to life, Moss made sure to give a special bit of thanks to her mother and brother.
“My brother, Derrick, for being my best friend since the day you were born and my mother. You are brave and strong and smart and you have taught me that you can be kind and a f—ing bad—,” said Moss.
The end of Moss’ line was bleeped out on CBS, but it received raucous applause from the audience.
And Linda Moss? Well, she loved it.
It didn’t stop there.
Afterwards, the two joined together backstage where they celebrated Moss’ first win even more.
Linda Moss took a look at the winner card, reading her daughter’s name and the two shared a mother-daughter photo to remember the moment.
You can watch Moss’ win and speech below:
More from INSIDER:
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ actress and her mum at the Emmys are mother-daughter relationship goals
- The 21 craziest Emmys outfits celebrities have worn on the red carpet
- People are freaking out that Nicole Kidman snubbed her adopted kids at the Emmys
- The 18 best-dressed couples at the 2017 Emmys
- The 35 best Emmy Awards outfits of all time
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.