The electric NIO EP9 set a new lap record at the infamous Nürburgring track. The EP9 drove a 6:45:9 lap-time, which is faster than any production car. The EP9 beat its own 2016 record of 7:05:12. The car has a top speed of 194 mph. Only 10 are expected to be built with a price tag of $US1.48 million each.
More from Justin Gmoser:
- This Norwegian company wants to change the way we ship products with an all-electric, autonomous cargo ship
- Watch Boston Dynamics’ dog-like robot do party tricks
- JAMIE DIMON: There’s no such thing as a dead-end job
- Someone built a K’NEX machine that does the perfect water bottle flip
- JAMIE DIMON: Trump’s economic agenda is the right agenda
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.