Photo: Wikimedia Commons
Grab your iced coffee. It’s going to be kind of a busy morning.Granted, it won’t be as exciting as Friday is going to be (hello, jobs report), but there are a few interesting things coming up (all times Eastern):
- 7:00: BOE decision. Nobody expects anything.
- At 7:45 the ECB makes its rate decision. The expectation is for a 25 basis point rate hike.
- At 8:15 we get the ADP report, the preview for tomorrow’s jobs report, though it only surveys private companies. Official estimates are for 60K.
- At 8:30, there’s initial claims, everyone’s favourite high-frequency economic indicator. This number has been holding flat in the 420K range, and that’s the expectation once again.
- Also at 8:30: TRICHET SPEAKS. We’ll be covering live.