Photo: The U.S. Army on Flickr
Dreamit Ventures is a startup accelerator program like TechStars and Y Combinator. Adaptly, Parsely, SeatGeek and LevelUp are all Dreamit companies.Each year, Dreamit accepts a handful of startups into the program and gives them resources and coaching over a few months. It has launched in multiple cities and this year, Dreamit Ventures is coming to Austin, Texas.
The companies will be released into the wild during South by Southwest, where they’ll present to investors and press at Dreamit Austin Demo Day.
Entrepreneurs participating in the program include USC’s Entrepreneur of the Year, a Tough Mudder competitor, and members of the US and Israeli armies. They’ve worked for companies such as Etsy, Waze, Google and Shazam.
Here are the 9 startups that have been accepted into the inaugural Austin program:
- Doccaster, Orlando, FL: Content delivery and analytics for events
- Fig Labs, Haddonfield, NJ: Cloud-based mathematical platform for engineers and scientists
- Newscastic, Albuquerque, NM: Marketplace for journalists and business-sponsored stories
- Pincam, Seoul, Korea: Video utility tool for creation of highlight video clips
- Planana, Los Angeles, CA: Social promotions for event marketers and sponsors
- Seer, New York, NY: Intelligent platform for finding and organising information
- Stereotypes, New York, NY: Social music network
- TrendKite, Philadelphia, PA: Media dashboard reinventing media monitoring
- YEVVO, Tel Aviv, Israel: Live social video broadcasting platform