- Toronto Raptors fans, led by Drake, trolled Joel Embiid during the Raptors’ 125-89 Game 5 win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
- As Embiid left the game, following a poor performance, several fans made an aeroplane motion, mocking Embiid’s earlier celebrations in the series.
- After the game, Embiid said he didn’t notice the mocking and would continue his celebrations.
- Visit Business Insider’s home page for more stories.
The Toronto Raptors fans took joy in mocking Joel Embiid during the Raptors’ 125-89 Game 5 beatdown of the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday.
Throughout the game, Raptors fans, led by rapper and music mogul Drake, trolled Embiid by making an aeroplane flying motion, mocking Embiid’s Game 3 celebrations, when he helped the 76ers dominate the Raptors.
In Game 5, Embiid was battling illness and managed just 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting, 6 rebounds, and 8 turnovers in 31 minutes.
As he checked out of the game in the fourth quarter, with the game practically decided, Drake and several fans did the aeroplane motion.
Drake and the Raptors fans let Joel Embiid hear it last night ????pic.twitter.com/BibRvHadBi
— Yahoo Sports (@YahooSports) May 8, 2019
After the game, Embiid was asked about it and said he didn’t notice the fans. He defended his celebrations.
“I don’t care if it offends anybody about what I do. It’s about having fun. So, I don’t care,” he said.
The Raptors now own a 3-2 series lead, with the chance to close out the series in Game 6 in Philadelphia. If the 76ers want to survive, they will need more of Game 3 Embiid than Game 5.
- Read more:
- Kawhi Leonard threw down 2 of the best dunks of the playoffs, as his total domination of the 76ers continued
- Chrissy Teigen was gifted a huge ‘Renaissance painting’ of the viral photo showing Dwyane Wade crashing into her and John Legend
- The 2019 NBA free agent class is stacked and has the potential to alter the league – here are the best players available
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.