- Before Stephen Curry was one of the best basketball players on the planet, he was the son of the NBA veteran Dell Curry, who finished his career playing for the Toronto Raptors.
- The Toronto Raptors superfan Drake wore a Dell Curry Raptors jersey to Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
- Drake is well-known for “cursing” teams by wearing their jerseys, something he has acknowledged, but in this case, he appears to be attempting to jinx Steph Curry while still supporting his team.
- Drake also covered his Curry and Kevin Durant tattoos with an arm band.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Here is Dell Curry toward the end of his 16-year NBA career, when he played for the Toronto Raptors.
And here is a video of Drake arriving at Game 1 of the NBA Finals in the Curry jersey.
— NBA TV (@NBATV) May 31, 2019
Drake, who also has tattoos of Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant on his left arm, covered those with an arm band for Game 1.
Steph Curry and Kevin Durant tats covered pic.twitter.com/pJ9cWkP4rB
— Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) May 31, 2019
- Read more:
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The last 27 QBs taken in the first round of the NFL Draft and how this year’s crop compares
- Here’s Michael Jordan’s 56,000-square-foot house in Chicago, and why it’s still on the market after 6 years
- The 27 biggest NFL Draft busts of the last 15 years
- Tiger Woods staged one of the biggest sports comebacks ever at the Masters – here’s how he spends his millions and lives his life off the course
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.